Monday, October 10, 2011

Bookspotting: Week 37 - Bookfair Surprise


The beginning of this week was disappointing in the bookspotting department. The only English title I saw was It's Not How Good You Are, It's How Good You Want To Be by Paul Arden. That's quite a title, but I usually see more books during the week. On Sunday I was walking around Wan Chai taking pictures for this weeks' Eating Smoke themed walking tour. In the Southorn Playground I came upon a book fair!


I didn't know about the Wan Chai Bookfair Series, but I thought it was a lucky find.


There were so many books and so many people!


I saw people filling up bags and even suitcases with the books.


There weren't many English titles...


...but I was still happy to be there.


Apparently better English means "A More Perfect You!"


This was a very sweet sort of bookspotting, even though I couldn't read most of the titles.


Come back next week for more bookspotting, or visit on Wednesday for the Eating Smoke tour of Wan Chai!

Now it's your turn: what are people reading in your town this week? Where do you spot the most readers?

1 comment:

  1. Though this book is honest, it often reads like one joke after another. The reader may still feel distanced from the real Tina Fey after reading Bossypants, but I think the opposite is true. The constant humor, the one-liners, the self-deprecation is who she really is, which makes her writing and comedy work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...